Saturday, June 26, 2010

Camp!

I spent this past week attending our awesome 1st-4th grade church camp "Changed" with J, Samuel(yes, Jian is sometimes wanting to be called Samuel now!), and H. We had a blast and Samuel experienced many exciting firsts: the most memorable being meeting B*bleman-Samuel's favorite thing here in America.

Craft Time

`J's first day at camp`
*H's first camp experience*



AN UNEXPECTED SURPRISE-B*BLEMAN!

Yes, Samuel did go down that water slide behind him-thanks to all the great counselors!

Swimming(a first)-check-awesome counselor Miles!


Boat Ride(a first)-check

Being a little silly

Craft time again

Snack Time

H

J at lunch

Samuel eating dry Top Ramen for lunch-his favorite

Inflatable obstacle course-check-thanks again to all the great counselors!

J playing volleyball

Samuel playing basketball-check-thank you counselor Jake!




Samuel worked hard to keep up with his teammates and he did amazingly well. I pulled him around in a wagon (still waiting for our wheelchair appointment) and he joined every activity he was able to. The counselors and staff were amazing-always including him and helping him-thank you!! Special thanks to B*bleman, Miles, Dmitry, Lars, Robby and Jake-for lovin' our boy and making him feel special, it means the world to me.

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Wow! What a difference a month makes. Thank you for the update, Cheri! I'm so glad things are getting better!

God is good.

living4him5 said...

WOW! Such neat pictures!!! I love to see all the kids having a great time!

God bless,
Amy