Thursday, April 7, 2011

Provision!

Over the past few weeks we have experienced the incredible unfailing love, provision, faithfulness, and peace of our Heavenly Father. I don't want to forget........

First, our washing machine started to leak. After a little investigation it was determined it needed to be replaced, very soon. We began the search checking refurbished models, used models, discounted models, and new models. I could not believe how much a new machine would cost. However, after researching our options, we decided we should invest in a new model. We tend to keep our washing machine fairly busy and the used models prices were not "used prices". As we narrowed down our decision, someone contacted us and paid for our new washing machine!!!!

Second, Joshua celebrated his 10th birthday! He had been saving his money (for over 1 1/2 years) to purchase a specific new bicycle. He sold his old bike last summer as he had outgrown it and was eagerly awaiting his new bike so he could ride again. He knew he would have to save for at least another 2 years as the bicycle was several hundred dollars. His saving commitment was commendable as he would not purchase anything, even when siblings spent their earned money. He would faithfully tithe and save. He would occasionally update me on his progress saying "only 2 more years to go".....well, Joshua has an uncle who is an avid bicycle rider. He heard which bike Josh was saving for and just happened to find a very similar model at a very discounted price. This uncle even drove 300miles to deliver this special gift. Joshua is thrilled!!

Next, I received an unexpected piece of mail! I had been praying about a specific need for about 7 months. I did not see how the need would ever be met and even began to feel a bit weary/sorry for myself. Then the car needed repairs again, making the answer to my prayer seem even farther out of reach. As I opened the mail one day an unexpected card had arrived, a check was inside for more than the amount I needed! I thought, O me of little faith, why did I doubt? I can't even begin to describe how I felt. Here I was worrying about my need-there was nothing I could do to provide for my need-yet God provided through distant acquaintances who had no idea of my prayers. Only God!

No comments: