Friday, May 16, 2008

Excitement


Tonight after dinner we told our children about their new brother. I had taped an envelope to the bottom of each persons chair with a puzzle piece inside. We told them that Daddy and Mommy had been praying and seeking God about a specific decision and that we had a family announcement.

The first piece of the puzzle came from Andrew's envelope, the 2nd from Joshua's, the 3rd from Hannah's, the 4th from Sarah's, the 5th from mine, and the 6th and final piece was from Greg's and it completed the picture of our precious son. Everyone was excited! At first, Andrew could not speak but said he felt something in his heart. Joshua was very happy to find out his new brother would be close in age to him. Hannah thought maybe we should get her an older sister. Sarah just wanted to keep putting the puzzle together over and over. The boys wanted to know how soon we would be leaving to bring him home. Unfortunately, just like pregnancy adoption is a process, our best guess is that we may travel in Feb/March of 2009. After hearing this the boys wished we had not told them until travel was a bit closer.

5 comments:

April said...

It worked out so perfect. I love how you did it.

Karen said...

I am so glad this precious boy has found his family!

The Ferrill's said...

Oh how precious Cheri! What a sweet way to tell your kiddos and now you have a puzzle of that precious little boy! GREAT IDEA!!!!!!!!
And I'm loving that they wished you had waited to tell them closer to time...mine were the SAME way! ;)

Buffi Young said...

We are very excited for you guys. I had no clue you were doing it again...I must have missed that on your other blog!! Wow...you guys and The Ferrills are amazing!!! LOVE the way you told your kiddos!!
Blessings,
Buffi

Sherri said...

Congratulations Cheri!

Sherri