I continued to seek. I had peace sometimes and sometimes not so much. I needed complete peace! I was desperate as I knew we needed to commit or let him go, VERY SOON. I grabbed my Bible again. I read Romans and Galatians. Again, verses spoke to me as my spirit was strengthened. Romans 4:13-25 "The promise Granted through Faith" and specifically verse 17-I have made you a father of many nations.....God, who gives life to the dead and calls those things which do not exist as though they did, and verse 20-He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform. In Galatians chapter 4 verses 5-7 jumped out too. "To redeem those who were under the law, that we might receive the ADOPTION as SONS. And because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into your hearts, crying out, Abba Father! Therefore you are no longer a slave but a son, and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.
Seems the message was about becoming fathers and sons, adoption, and all while having faith.
Next, I was helping our other son with his Bible reading. It is just one verse a day. The verse just happened to be James 4:17 Therefore to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
Next, we attended a Saturday evening prayer meeting. Our pastor's wife prayed that people would have a willingness to respond in faith, to touch the nations, to not miss opportunity God was making available to love others. She asked for circumstances to be arranged to minister to others and that this opportunity would be hard to miss. Hmmm........the next morning as we attended church we sang a beautiful new song about "hope for the hopeless" and our worship pastor prayed "God you love EACH child, each person, each nation". Our pastor went on to preach from Mark about the woman with the issue of blood, the blind man, and of course another LAME man. The lame man in this situation needed the help of others. He was helpless, hopeless, powerless to do anything for himself. His friends had to have faith that when they lowered him through the roof to be near Jesus that Jesus would help him. They were serious enough to remove all obstacles. I realize that these confirmations may seem just like coincidence or that I'm stretching things. However, when you are diligently seeking He is faithful. Matthew 7:7-12 "Keep asking, seeking, knocking"
On Monday morning another verse spoke to me. It was from a card I have titled "Discovering the Will of God-steps to making good decisions" it has many scriptures written on it. It said "let these words be your weapons as you fight" Nehemiah 4:14 Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your SONS and your daughters, your wives and your homes.
I contacted the agency asking if we could possibly have any more time to make our decision. I was told China was on Spring Holiday for the week. We attended a special Global Strategy Conference at our church. The message on Wednesday night was from Genesis 15 about Abraham struggling with his faith after receiving promises from God. The main point was -allow God to pull you out of your limited perspective to His supernatural perspective. Don't sit around doubting! Pastor also said "People will say you are out of your mind that you are ruining your life." Your job is to first believe. If you don't God will raise up a remnant from another place. There it was again the word remnant!
Greg attended the Thursday night meeting. The message was on THE REMNANT. He brought a book home to me titled "The Remnant". I scanned the whole book before going to bed. Chapter 8 was titled Commandment 8: Faith. I found confirmation again as two scriptures I had previously received spoke to me again. The first was Romans 4:20"He did not waver in unbelief but grew strong in faith, giving glory to God" and Nehemiah 4:14 Do not be afraid of them; remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives and your houses.
We all attended the Friday evening service with great expectation. The message was James 4:17! Basically, if you know what to do and you don't do it = sin. If you ask, God will show you the truth and then you can decide if you want to obey or not. Good intentions do not equal obedience. There is power in the doing, it requires action. If you believe God is calling you but you are afraid-DO IT AFRAID. If you tend to God's business he will tend to yours.
Still I wavered. I did not question if we were to adopt again or if it would be a son or if it would be a "lame" son. I wavered if the timing was for RIGHT NOW or not..............
Give Thanks Always
3 years ago
1 comment:
Oh Oh Oh,,,
crying at the Scriptures He used to gently give you that assurance.
crying at how He is using these Scriptures TONIGHT to give me that assurance amidst uncertainties right now....
LOVE the quote "If you believe God is calling you but you are afraid-DO IT AFRAID. "
What an incredible TESTAMENT!
Post a Comment