Our son's adoption file said he was living at the orphanage. However his file was prepared over a year ago, so we wondered if he was still was or not. We had heard that often times after adoption files are submitted to the proper authorities that the children at his orphanage are moved into foster care to prepare them for family life. We have just received word that he is now in foster care and has been "for quite some time". This is good news!! Although he will need to grieve the loss of his foster family(and this makes us sad too) it is usually a good thing for future success of attachment and bonding as our son will have learned to attach and bond before.
We have had a few weeks through "the wringer"as this adoption is proving to be much different than our past two. I am so thankful I received verses to remind me "to fight for our son" and "not to be afraid" and "not to give up". I have needed each of these reminders as we continue on this journey.
Give Thanks Always
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment